home Facebook My Shop Current Challenge Videos Current Winners Ask Jo

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Talk Time Tuesday with Ask Jo~ & Some Winners!




Hello my friends!
Welcome to another Talk Time Tuesday! Can you believe all this snow and ice everyone is getting? My family back on the East coast have about 7 inches of snow on the ground and are expecting another 4-6 inches today into tomorrow. If you are in that area, stay safe and warm!
I must say that while I miss watching the snow fall, I do not miss having to be in it!
But then again, I do not like having ice either and we have so much ice outside from that massive ice storm we were hit with. Yikes!
Okay so now let's get to our Q & A's!

Our first question comes from Nicole M. who asks, "Can you tell me how you make your bows? I struggle all the time trying to make bows and I have watched videos on youtube but still can not get my bows to look like the bows I see. HELP!"

Hello Nicole~
Making bows can be easy or it can be difficult. I personally cannot make bows by hand to look pretty. My bows always come out looking like they are dying LOL. So what I use for my bows are two cool tools that I just love because of their easy instructions and versatility. The first tool I use is the Bow Easy Template. Clicking the link will take you to a YT video on how to use it. It is such an easy tool to use and I love the fact that its extremely flat and small so it is able to go with you anywhere you go. The next tool that I use is my Zutter's Bow it All. Again click the link to see a video on how this bow maker is used. I own this and have used this several times. I like that it makes great bows of all sizes. The only downside is this is quite large and heavy. But either tool is great to use. There are tons of great bow makers out there, just do a search to find one that looks easy enough for you to master. Good luck Nicole and thank you for writing in to Ask Jo!

Our second question today comes from Melinda who asks, "Hello miss Joann! I am so happy that TTT is back again. I have missed it! I have a very simple question for you my dear friend. What is your favorite Holiday craft this time of the  year?"
 
Melinda!! Hello my friend!~
 It is so strange seeing a question come through from you LOL. I think you just wanted to be part of the spotlight on my blog today haha!!! Okay so to answer your question, my favorite holiday craft this time of the year is to make homemade ornaments and tags. I love to make ornaments to give as little gifts to people that like to collect them for their trees each year. I always add the year on my ornaments because that way nobody has to sit there trying to guess at what year it was from. And the tags, love me some tags! I love making them. They are so easy, quick and fun. I love making tags to put on packages and gifts that I give to family and friends. I also do a secret santa gift exchange every year and I love to create a cute tag that says "from your secret santa" to give to the person I was paired up to exchange with. It is very cool and exciting and I think a little homemade tag or ornament can definitely jazz up a present. So there ya have it! Thanks for sending in a question!! Hope to hear more from you and stop your lurking. LOL
 
 Okay my friends, now we have some winners to announce from last week's Funday Friday Challenge! FFC #28 "Get in the Spirit" Top 3 wins are:

# 20 Migdalia
# 22 Diana L.
# 41 Julie Gleeson
And now our winner of the 3 pk of digis from Kenny K Digital stamps is....
 
Congratulations to all of the winners!
All Winners & Top 3 wins Please email me at:
Joann6274 at gmail dot com!
You will have 2 weeks to claim your prizes!
 
 Well my friends that is all I have for today. I want to thank Nicole and Melinda for writing in today and hope to hear from them again soon. I hope you have a great day!
Thanks for stopping by and until next time.... Enjoy life's blessings~
 


4 comments:

  1. Great questions Jo! You did a great job as always to be so informational! I love making bows and the homemade tags and ornaments are the best!
    Have a great day my friend! Congrats to the winners!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to the winners!! I love making ornaments this time of year too!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet your ornaments are lovely !! Make sure to stay warm especially with all that ice !! Love TTT !!

    Hugs,
    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to all the winners!! Thanks for choosing me as one of the top 3!!
    I love making tags and baking!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenge Blog ♥

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments always put a smile on my face! I love reading each and every one! Thank you for stopping by~
Hugs,
~Jo~